Welcome to Pumps & Parties! Here is a review of what I believe are the ten best beauty products to have in your beauty cabinet when it comes to hair and skincare. These products are from all different price points and have been around for various lengths of time (one product I will reveal to you has been around for decades....it is a secret skin care weapon).
I will do another review of makeup products at a later time! Disclaimer: I am not getting paid to endorse any of these products. These are products I have used for a significant amount of time and these are the best on the market. Feel free to email me with questions and don't forget to subscribe! Enjoy :)
1. Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo
Doesn't matter if you are blonde or brunette. This dry shampoo is the best on the market. It is a powder and doesn't leave any gross residue that the sprays tend to leave. It smells great and gives me an extra day to my blowout! This product is especially great if you are weening your hair off washing it daily (which everyone should be doing!)
2. Shu Uemura Essence Protective Oil
This product is seriously considered hair gold. I put this in my hair when it is wet after a shower and I use it when it is dry before I style it and you can also use it as a finisher. This stuff is incredible.... and it is not cheap (sorry but I had to include this). One bottle will last you forever so consider it an investment. The smell is amazing and it really protects your hair from anything! I especially love to use it before I go to the beach to protect my hair from harmful rays.
3. Dry Bar Triple Sec 3 in 1 Spray
I discovered this spray by accident. I thought I was buying their regular spray and I got home to realize this is what I bought. Boy am I glad I made that mistake! This is one of Dry Bars best products. It texturizes, amplifies(volume) and refreshes(dry shampoo) all in one. The smell is so yummy and a little goes a long way.
4. KMS Humidity Hair Stay Spray
The humidity can be a good thing and a bad thing. Its great for you skin and awful for your hair. If your hair tends to frizz out in the summer then this is the perfect product for you! This is an anti humidity spray and it does the trick. I love how light it is on my hair and it's a finishing spray so put this on last. This is a summer must have!!
5. Josie Maran Argan Oil
I know all the rage is Argan Oil. But seriously.... this stuff is the bomb dot com! If you have dry skin or combination or any type of skin problem then this is the best stuff on the market. I know it sounds weird to think of putting oil on your face but it is amazing at night as a treatment and even during the day under your makeup. A little goes a long way so only use a few drops. I like to do this a few times a week and you can use it on the end of your hair and nail cuticles. This can be used on any dry skin area. I like to get the mini bottle which is really not that expensive!
6. First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
This cream is a must have. First Aid Beauty hit the jackpot when they created this product. This cream is for full body and face. It is excellent when treating a sun burn and really dry skin. This is a great winter cream for those dry temperatures or a night cream! I always make sure to have this in my cabinet and one jar will last you forever.
7. Algenist Genius Cream Moisturizer
I came across this cream when I was at Sephora and had enough points to get a free sample. This moisturizer is pricey but I have not felt anything like it. It really is a step above the rest and the feel of it is very different. This cream is worth every penny but save up for it! The entire Algenist line is amazing and one of my favorite products of theirs is the exfoliator. These two together make a match made in heaven.
8. Daily Makeup Brush Cleaner
This is a skin care essential. You must keep your brushes clean to keep you face clean! This is the best shampoo on the market for brushes and the spray works great to.
9. Clarisonic Facial Brush
I LOVE my Clarisonic! I have the Mia 2 and I use it 3X a week. IF you have sensitive skin then you won't want to use it every day. I use it with a gentle cleanser (Cetaphil is a good one) and you can use it in the shower. The best part about this product? It has a timer and will beep every 30 seconds when you need to move on to the next area.
And the final mystery product is....
10. Albolene Cream
This is the big reveal!! This unscented cleanser is a secret passed down in my family for generations. This stuff is used for so many things besides removing makeup. Here they are listed below from their own site:
- Smooth Rough Skin: If you’ve applied too much Albolene to your face when removing makeup at night, don’t let it go to waste. Use the extra on cuticles, elbows, knees or heels to smooth rough patches.
- Luscious Lips: Dab Albolene on the lips. After a few minutes, use a clean, damp, small, soft toothbrush to brush off any flaky bits of dry skin. Finish off by lining lips with a neutral lip liner and pat on some more Albolene for a dewy pout.
- Eye Shadow Rescue: Is your favorite eye shadow broken into tiny bits? Don’t fret. Take the remainder and put it into a small plastic bag or sealable container. Mix in a dollop of Albolene to create a creamy shadow of your favorite color instead.
- Gleaming Gams: Don’t you just love the way that celebrities’ legs look at events, even when they aren’t wearing stockings? For gleaming gams, rub Albolene along your legs and dust with some highlighting powder to make them look sleek and sophisticated. Women with darker-toned skin can combine some sheer bronzer with Albolene for a warm glow.
- Modified Facial: Men often look younger than women because they shave their faces everyday, exfoliating the top layers of skin on a regular basis and keeping skin refreshed. To get the same benefits without the blade, apply a thin layer of Albolene to your entire face and neck. Let the product set for about 5 minutes. For extra benefits, apply during the last five minutes of your bath – the steam will allow product to really penetrate into your open pores. Then, take a thin piece of clean cardboard (like a business card) and mimic the motion of shaving the product off of the face. Continue until your face is clear of product. Don’t be alarmed by the residue on the card. You are actually removing the top dry layer of skin, revealing younger refreshed skin in its place. Do this once a week to keep skin smooth and even.
- Solid Perfume Scent: For a long-lasting refreshing scent, try one drop of jasmine essential oil, one drop of gardenia essential oil, one drop of lime essential oil and one drop of lavender essential oil with one teaspoon of Albolene in a small plastic container. Blend well and rub into pulse points. Use Albolene to experiment with other essential oils to develop your own inexpensive "personalized" fragrance. (www.albolene.com)
YOUR WELCOME :) Don't forget to subscribe below this post!